Set within the heart of Cornwall, Nova Construction is a contractor of choice for building projects across a variety of sectors. From multi-million pound single dwellings to large scale developments; the company is at the centre of construction in Cornwall.
Based at the company’s modern purpose-built headquarters, the successful candidate will join a team of talented and motivated employees successfully delivering the financial management of a diverse range of projects.
Nova Construction was formed in 2001 and is one of Cornwall’s largest independent building contractors. With over 50 employees the company prides itself on the standard of its staff welfare and finished work. As a repeat Investors In People recipient, repeat LABC Building Excellence Finalist and longstanding trusted contractor with many prestigious contacts, the company is opening its doors to welcome its next talented team member.
On offer is a competitive salary package, an array of company benefits to enjoy and the opportunity to work in Cornwall contributing to some of the county’s most admired construction projects.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- To prepare tender and contract documents
- Undertake cost analysis for a variety of works.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control.
- Advise on a procurement strategies and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify, analyse and develop swift responses to commercial risks.
- Allocate and appoint work to subcontractors.
- Provide guidance on contractual claims.
- Analyse outcomes and produce detailed progress reports.
- Value completed work and coordinate payments.
- Maintain an awareness of all live projects.
- Assist with interim valuations on existing contracts
- When necessary, conduct remeasurements.
- Pre-pricing of variations
- Proactively engage with Project Managers.
- Work under own initiative.
- Preparation and agreeing of final accounts
- Preparation of cost value reports
- Prepare cash flow forecasts.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BSc or HND in quantity surveying
- A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a residential building organisation.
- Financially astute
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Self-motivated and confident
- Great communication skills with the ability to interact with clients and employees.
- A confident decision maker.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing business where your drive to succeed will be supported, encouraged and rewarded.
Due to continued growth, Nova Construction is looking to appoint an Administrator to assist in the delivery of its increasing portfolio.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Distribute confidential information to key stakeholders and project contributors
- Monitor, manage and update site programmes and documentation (training will be provided)
- Assist in the administrative delivery of a wide range of diverse and high-value construction projects
- Provide clerical and administrative assistance at the company’s bespoke head office
- Ensure compliance with a Quality Management System
- Coordinate diary appointments and meeting schedules
The role is primarily based at the company’s head office near Redruth but may involve visiting live projects. All PPE will be provided but access to own transport will be necessary. The role is part-time and includes every Wednesday and either two full days or four half days.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a successful team within a growing business in Cornwall.